In the backdrop of suicide of a school girl here following sexual assault, Puducherry government would offer self defence training to school girls to prevent sexual assaul.
An eighth standard girl in Kilinjalmedu village here had committed suicide on Monday following sexual assault by a youth.
Based on the dying declaration by the girl, one Dhanraj of the same locality was arrested the next day.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Chief Minister Narayanaswamy visited the parents of the girl last night and consoled them. He also announced a solatium of Rs two lakh to the parents of the girl.
He also held a meeting with police officials of the district and discussed the steps to be taken to prevent violence against school girls.
Later talkking to reporters Narayanasamy said the government would offer self defence training to school girls to prevent sexual assaul.
He said he was concerned about the incidents of sexual assault on school girls, adding, the government would efforts to prevent occurance of such incidents.