Governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh E S L Narasimhan on Monday called for harnessing technologies to enhance the quality of human life, particularly in the field of healthcare.
He asserted that that future technology needs to be focused on computing, communications, power and energy.
“All technologies have a positive and negative side. There are also limitations to growth. The only growth area which is limitless is information or knowledge. This should be our focus area.
“We also need to focus on technologies to enhance the quality of human life particularly in the field of health care,” he said.
- Criminals shouldn't be discriminated on the basis of age: Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan
- Telangana taking steps to lead the pack of cashless states: Governor
- As we are talking about Make in India, great responsibility on MFIs: ESL Narsimhan
- Judges protest provisional allocation between AP and Telangana
- KCR bats for Bharat Ratna to Narasimha Rao
- Post-Telangana,Governor takes charge of police
Narasimhan was speaking after the inaugurating ceremony of the centenary celebrations of the Federation of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTAPCCI).
The responsibility of providing and utilising technology is not limited to a segment. It is public and private, national and global. At the same time we need to keep in view rapid obsolescence in technology. We need to move from the conventional to the non-conventional in our earnest endeavour to ensure sustainability, the Governor said.
He urged the industry to lend a helping hand in taking some of the initiatives such as Make in India, Skilling India and Digital India to their logical end.
Narasimhan lauded the role played by the industry body in creating an ecosystem for the industrial growth in both the Telugu-speaking states.