A combination of bad weather and now low lying clouds has forced the Airport Authority of India (AAI) to divert all incoming flights from Goa’s Dabolim airport to nearby airports as well as to delay outbound flights, an AAI spokesperson said on Sunday.
“No flights have been cancelled. Passenger flights, including a charter flight, are being diverted to nearest airports from 4.30 am due to bad visibility. When the directed flights arrived back a couple of hours ago, we had to divert them again due to low lying clouds which made landing difficult,” the AAI spokesperson at Goa’s Dabolim international airport told reporters in Panaji.
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
Normal air traffic has not resumed at the Goa airport as of now, the spokesperson added.
Meanwhile, reacting to the diversion of flights, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said that while nothing much could be done about the natural phenomenon of poor visibility and low lying clouds, the flight diversion and delay was a serious problem.
“First and foremost there is heavy rush to come down to Goa, that is greatness of Goa. In the same scenario, if flights are delayed due to a visibility issue, then it becomes a serious problem,” Parsekar said.
The Chief Minister said the new airport coming up at Mopa in North Goa would help ease traffic and also provide cover for such contingencies in future.