Five per cent Army veterans facing OROP problems: Manohar Parrikar

Parrikar added that the departments concerned have been instructed to look into these cases.

By: Express News Service | Panaji | Updated: November 6, 2016 3:43 am
uri, uri attack, Manohar Parrikar, Uri militants attack, uri Army camp, Line of Control, LoC, india news, indian express, indian express news Union Minister for Defence, Manohar Parrikar (Source: File/PTI Photo)

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday said that 95 per cent of ex-servicemen have benefited from the implementation of the One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme and that the remaining 5 per cent would soon enjoy the benefits of the scheme.

“In about 96,000 cases, documents of the retired personnel are not intact because of wear and tear over the years. We have asked them to submit supplementary documents such as matriculation certificate or additional affidavit,” he said.

Parrikar added that the departments concerned have been instructed to look into these cases.