To make Haryana kerosene-free state, about five lakh households would be provided with LPG connections by March 31 next year, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said on Sunday. Speaking at a public meeting in Nuh after inaugurating and laying the foundation stones of several development projects worth Rs 102 crore, he highlighted the achievements of the government, which completes two years of its tenure on October 26.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
The Chief Minister said he had made about “2,000 announcements” during this period, and work had been “either completed or was in progress on 1,200 of them”. Next year would be crucial as it would mark the “mid-period” of the government’s tenure, he said. “We have been largely successful in curbing corruption. While earlier projects were completed at more than the estimated cost, our government has completed several projects at less than the estimated cost,” he claimed.
He asked the people to report “any wrongdoings” to the government to ensure “eradication” of corruption in the state. Urging the people to pay their electricity bills on time, Khattar claimed that for the first time in 20 years, power tariff had been reduced by 37 paise. It would be reduced further if people paid their dues, he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Cheaper electricity would be provided to industry to attract more units to the state,” he said. Teachers posted in Morni and Nuh areas and other faraway places would be given ten per cent additional wages, Khattar said.