A couple was among five people killed and two others injured as the Maruti van in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge 3 kms short of Banihal of the Jammu-Srinagar national highway on Tuesday.
- Rains throw normal life out of gear, accidents kill 4 people in Jammu
- J&K: 5 killed, 2 injured as car falls into gorge on Jammu-Srinagar highway
- Seven killed in J&K highway accident
- 8 dead,33 injured in two mishaps on J-K highway
- 7 killed,five injured in different road accidents in J-K
- Two killed,17 injured in separate road mishaps in Jammu
While three people died on spot, two others succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital. They have been identified as Mohammad Ayub and his wife Parveena Begum, both residents of Sarbagni in Ramsoo area, besides driver Shabir Ahmad of Thachi, Parveena Begum of Chamalwas and Irfan Ahmed Malik of Chachahall (all three in Banihal).
Giving details, police said that the van was coming towards Banihal from Ramsoo side at that time. The vehicle was without any registration number. The police have registered a case in the matter.