A couple was among five people killed and two others injured as the Maruti van in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge 3 kms short of Banihal of the Jammu-Srinagar national highway on Tuesday.
- Three killed, 24 injured in bus accident in western Nepal
- Two killed as car falls into deep gorge on J&K highway
- Six killed, 12 army jawans injured in separate accidents in Jammu and Kashmir
- J&K: 5 killed, 2 injured as car falls into gorge on Jammu-Srinagar highway
- 8 dead,33 injured in two mishaps on J-K highway
- Two killed,17 injured in separate road mishaps in Jammu
While three people died on spot, two others succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital. They have been identified as Mohammad Ayub and his wife Parveena Begum, both residents of Sarbagni in Ramsoo area, besides driver Shabir Ahmad of Thachi, Parveena Begum of Chamalwas and Irfan Ahmed Malik of Chachahall (all three in Banihal).
Giving details, police said that the van was coming towards Banihal from Ramsoo side at that time. The vehicle was without any registration number. The police have registered a case in the matter.