Five persons including four women were killed in a major fire which broke out at a cotton godown near Chakan in Pune district this morning. The police arrested the owner of the godown and owner of the land where it is situated in a case of negligence later in the day. The fire broke out at around 10 in the morning at the godown at Sana industries premises on Talegaon-Chakan road at Kharabwadi, about 45 km from Pune.
Watch what else is making news:
“We have registered a case under section 304 part II (causing death by negligence) against the owner of the cotton godown and the owner of the land,” said Rajkumar Shinde, Additional Superintendent of Police. Godown owner Asif Khan and land owner Ramdas Maruti Kad were arrested.
ASP Shinde said the land was residential, but Kad leased it for a commercial purpose (godown) and provided an illegal electricity connection from adjoining residential plot. Investigation to ascertain the cause of the fire was
underway, but short-circuit could be the reason, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The victims were identified as Kalpana Shirsath, Radha Thakur, Ujjwala Saosale, Kusum Sakharkar and Ramdas Rathod, all workers at the godown. Some other workers managed to escape in time.