More than a year after it started a probe into the multi-crore chit fund scam in Odisha, the CBI managed the first conviction .
A special court here sentenced Gouri Sankar Parida, MD of EShore Developers, to two years rigorous imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 72,000 .
“This is the first trial to be completed in the chit fund cases in which an accused has been convicted,” said a CBI official. Eshore Developers Ltd was registered in 2011 and had lured hundreds of depositors from Balasore district.
- Singer Zubeen Garg gets 3 months RI for slapping minor boy
- No FIR registered post Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh's conviction shall be quashed without permission: HC
- Convicted Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh skipped dinner in jail
- Pakistan terrorist sentenced to 7 year jail under PMLA
- HC suspends jail term of TNMMK chief Jawahirulla in FCRA case
- Odisha: Chief of chit fund firm Artha Tatwa gets 7-year jail