Barely two days after a hospital blaze in Bhubaneswar claimed 21 lives, another fire outbreak was Wednesday reported in Kendrapara district headquarters hospital in the state. However, there was no casualty. The fire was reported when the 120 KV capacity generator installed in the hospital premises was being repaired. The mishap left the people including in-patients and their attendants in a state of panic.
WATCH VIDEO |
As smoke billowed out from the spot, people, including in-patients and attendants ran helter skelter. However, the fire was brought under control after about half-an-hour long operation by fire brigade personnel, Chief Medical Officer Niranjan Swain said.
The fire was doused promptly and it was stopped from spreading towards the hospital wards, the CMO said. The generator has been completely damaged, he said. An inquiry to ascertain the cause is being conducted, the CMO said, adding that fire safety measures have been put in place to prevent recurrence of such fire mishaps.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now