A fire broke out at Asian Heart institute at BK road in Mumbai on Wednesday. The incident took place at around 9: 30 in the night and was reported as a “Level II Fire Call.” A fire brigade official said the Fire broke out started in the basement of the hospital and there were no reports of any casualties till now.
Watch What Else is Making news
The situation is said to be under control at the moment as four fire engines and as many water tankers douse the fire, said the fire brigade official.
This is the third incident of a fire breaking-out at a premier hospital in the country in under one month. On the 17th of October a fire at the Sun Hospital in Bhubaneswar, Odisha has claimed the life of 26 people and over 100 persons were injured by toxic fumes from a blaze that swept through the hospital corridors and wards asphyxiating them.
This was followed by a fire at the children’s ward of the multi-storeyed Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital at Dilshad Garden New Delhi, on the 23rd of October. However, the police did not report any casualties related to the incident. According to Delhi Fire Brigade Chief G C Mishra, the hospital does not have an ‘NOC’ from the fire department. He said a team is likely to visit the spot before preparing its report on the incident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The recent incident will increase the pressure the central as well as the state governments to tighten the noose around authorities which responsible for checking and maintaining safety standards of hospital in the country.
With PTI Inputs