A week before Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates the state-of-the-art 15 MMPTA capacity refinery of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) at Paradip in Odisha, its AV unit caught fire.
Though there are no official words as yet, TV reports said that four fire tenders have been pressed into service. The TV visuals showed fire raging at the AV unit near the entrance of the refinery.
Union petroleum and natural gas minister Dharmendra Pradhan and senior officials of IOC are also present at the spot.
The refinery will be dedicated to the nation by PM Narendra Modi on February 7.
The 11th Refinery of the IOC is designed to process 100 per cent high-sulphur, including 40 per cent low-cost heavy crude oil. The refinery will produce various petroleum products like petrol, diesel, kerosene, Aviation Turbine Fuel, propylene, sulphur and petroleum coke. It is among the most advanced refineries in the world and has a unique INDMAX Unit technology, which is designed to produce 44 per cent LPG, highest from such plants.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016