An FIR has been filed against suspended Samajwadi Party MLA Abid Raza and his personal assistant at Sadar Kotwali police station in Badaum on charges of kidnapping and extortion.
The complainant, Nihaluddin, a resident of Kutubpur Thara village, has accused the MLA and his assistant Azhar Siddiqui of allegedly kidnapping his son, Pappu, and extorting Rs 25 lakhs from him, SSP Sunil Saxena said.
Earlier, Nihaluddin had sought the MLA’s help for getting his son’s name dropped from a “fake case” in 2014 for which he was asked to pay up Rs 25 lakhs towards “party funds”. The amount was paid on November 28, the SSP said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pappu, who was abducted and kept in confinement by the duo, was released later but his name was not dropped from the case, the complaint said, adding that Nihaluddin then made his son surrender in the court from where he was released on bail.
Nilhaluddin was severely beaten up by them when he demanded his money, according to the complaint.
An FIR has been registered and investigation initiated, the officer said.
In August, Abid Raza who was the MLA elected from here was suspended from the Samajwadi Party for anti-party activities.