With Pakistan announcing to ban Indian television and radio programmes, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday said films and TV serials along with sports can be a very “potent” means to improve bilateral ties. “Films and TV serials from both Countries can be a very potent source along with Sports to improve relations between both Countries (sic),” he tweeted. He said artistes on both sides can be best of ambassadors. “We must open dialogue with Pakistan and also not unnecessarily target Artists on both sides. They can be best of Ambassadors on both sides (sic),” Singh said in another tweet.
Recalling former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s words about Pakistan, he said, “Atal ji had rightly said we
don’t have an option of choosing our neighbours (sic).” On the clamour to ban Pakistani artistes in India, he
said, “I fully support Bollywood’s stand on Filmmakers. Why punish only Artists? Why not ban any kind of relationship with Pakistan (sic)?”
Pakistan’s media regulatory authority had yesterday announced to enforce a complete ban on Indian TV and radio
contents from today. It warned that the licences of those found guilty of violating the ban will be suspended. The ban extends to all Indian content on cable and radio being aired in Pakistan. The authority also decided to cancel one-sided rights given to Indian media by the Pervez Musharraf government in 2006.
India has made it clear there is no ban on Pakistani artistes, who are facing ire of political parties like MNS in
Maharashtra in the wake of Uri attack. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had yesterday assured filmmaker Karan Johar that the state government will ensure smooth release of his directorial project “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil”, which is facing threat from MNS for featuring a Pakistani actor in it.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched