Delhi Police has been directed by a city court to file an action taken report (ATR) on a criminal complaint filed against six persons, including Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal, for questioning the recent surgical strike carried out by the Army. Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sunil Beniwal asked the police to file the ATR by February 5 next year, the next date of hearing. The court was hearing a complaint filed by east Delhi resident Pravesh Kumar against six persons– Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Congress leaders Digvijay Singh and Sanjay Nirupam, Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra and actor Om Puri.
The plea filed through advocate Rakshpal Singh and Sanjeev Shukla alleged that the six persons had termed the surgical strikes by the Army in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) as false and politically motivated and aimed at taking political advantage. The statements had hurt the image of the Army as well as the country, it claimed.
The Army had conducted surgical strikes against terror launch pads in PoK on September 29 in response to the Uri terror attack.
The plea sought lodging of FIR against them for alleged offences under sections 121A (conspiracy to wage or attempt to wage was against India), 124A (sedition), 131 (abetting mutiny or attempting to seduce a soldier, sailor or airman from his duty), 153B (imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC.
The complainant, who also annexed media reports with the plea, said it had given a complaint at Jagatpuri police station on October 7 but no action was taken by cops after which he approached the court.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More