A 21-year-old farmer was shot dead by three armed robbers when he resisted their robbery bid near Dandu Kheri village in Shamli district, police said on Thursday.
On Wednesday, Kuldeep and his brother were carrying diesel and fertilizers in a tractor-trolley when three people on a bike intercepted their vehicle and looted cash from them, SHO of Kandhla police station, Sahab Singh said.
- Accused in Rs 860-crore Axis Bank robbery attempt held in Rajasthan
- Accused in Rs 860 cr Axis Bank robbery bid held in Rajasthan
- Jaitu ‘Moral Policing’ & DSP Suicide: Inspector apologises for Jan 12 incident, students end protest
- 18 held in 10 encounters over 24 hrs, say UP police
- Chandigarh: Motorcyclists rob tutor of iPod, cellphone, purse at knifepoint
- Indian student shot by robbers at US store, Amarinder Singh asks Sushma Swaraj to intervene
As per Singh, the robbers shot Kuldeep when he resisted their robbery bid and he died on the spot.
The SHO further added that the accused escaped from the spot.
An investigation is underway in the matter, he said.