After senior AAP leader HS Phoolka and former CLP leader Sunil Jakhar, Captain Amarinder Singh questioned government’s move to evacuate border villages in Punjab on Saturday.
Terming it as a decision taken in ‘haste’, Captain questioned that if trade with Pakistan can continue uninterrupted, then why were farmers being stopped and village residents being harassed by creating “undue panic”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Speaking at his Halke Vich Captain programmes at Raikot and Payal of Ludhiana, Captain said, “The government should have waited and watched the situation closely before ordering this evacuation. It has created undue panic,” he said.
He demanded that government especially CM Parkash Singh Badal must explain the ‘emergency compulsions’ which led to this decision in Punjab. “We demand adequate compensation for the displaced persons who have rather been forced to do so,” he said.