AFTER THE Congress virtually shut its doors on former Deputy Speaker Bir Devinder Singh, the expelled party leader is now eyeing the TMC. Singh’s participating in TMC chief Mamata Banerjee’s march to the Rashtarpati Bhawan in Delhi against demonestisation on Wednesay created ripples in political circles in Punjab Thursday.
Political leaders spent time finding out as to what could be the combinations if Mamata decides to foray into Punjab. AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal has already invited Mamata to campaign for AAP in Punjab.
Sources close to Bir Devinder said TMC’s senior leader Mukul Roy was in touch with him but Singh was waiting to get a final word from the Congress.
Congress strategist Prashant Kishor had promised Singh to get him back in party fold. But Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh, it is learnt, is against his inclusion.
Singh said Mamata was not just looking at Punjab Assembly but also 2019 Lok Sabha election as she wanted to set up base in the state. He said he had met Roy in Delhi a few days ago before meeting Mamata in Delhi yesterday. He is scheduled to meet Mamata in a day or two.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More