In a surprise move, Uttar Pradesh BJP Friday made Swati Singh, the wife of expelled party leader Dayashankar Singh, the president of the party’s women’s wing. Swati, who had led a campaign against Mayawati and other leaders of her party for the “unsavoury” slogans against her minor daughter during a BSP dharna here, was made the president of the state BJP Mahila Morcha.
According to a party release, besides Swati, Uttar Pradesh BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya appointed MP Kaushal Kishore the president of the party’s SC Morcha and MP Chotey Lal Kharwar the head of the party’s ST Morcha.
Swati Singh of Ballia had come to prominence after she led a campaign demanding FIRs against BSP leaders who raised slogans targeting her minor daughter during a protest staged by the party against her husband’s “derogatory” comments against Mayawati. Her husband and former Uttar Pradesh BJP vice-president Dayashankar Singh was expelled by the party after his comments on the BSP supremo caused a nationwide controversy.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls