The suicide case of ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal which triggered a political row has been handed over to the Crime Branch of Delhi Police, considering “the sensitivity of the matter”. Special Commissioner of Police (Crime) Taj Hassan confirmed the development and said the Crime Branch has initiated inquest proceedings in the case.
The 70-year-old ex-serviceman from Haryana’s Bhiwani district consumed poison in the lawns behind Jawahar Bhavan, which houses some offices of the Ministry of External Affairs, on November 1. He was rushed to RML Hospital where he died later.
Grewal’s suicide had yesterday snowballed into a huge political showdown in the capital with Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi being detained twice by Delhi Police amid high drama and Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also being detained by the policemen.
“The case has been transferred from New Delhi district to Crime Branch keeping in mind the sensitivity of the matter. District police, especially the New Delhi district police, is usually busy with law and order duties. The New Delhi district is a sensitive area since it houses the residences of MPs and important landmarks,” said another senior police officer.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Grewal, along with three of his companions, had come to the city apparently to submit a memorandum to the Defence Ministry over the issue of OROP.