Indicating that he is in favour of a third front led by BJP in Kerala, former ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair on Tuesday said that he would cooperate with Hindu Ezhava leader Vellappally Natesan’s Kerala yatra.
Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana (SNDP) Yogam general secretary Natesan will launch a statewide tour next month to highlight its demand of social justice. Nair has agreed to be the patron of the yatra, said Natesan’s son and SNDP Yogam vice-president Thushar Vellappally.
- New in Kerala, a contest for the Hindu vote
- Kerala: Natesan begins state-wide ‘equality for Hindu’ tour, to announce new party
- Kerala govt to reopen case of Sivagiri mutt head Swami Saswathikananda’s death
- BJP-SNDP bonhomie: VS, Sudheeran fielded to counter Natesan
- Kerala: Hindu Ezhava leader Natesan to form new party
- In search of smaller allies, BJP woos Kerala caste outfit
If the disappointment of the Kerala electorate towards the Congress and CPM-led political fronts gets translated into votes, the third front would be a reality in Kerala, said Nair.
However, he said that he would not join politics, but back the movement ideologically.
Meanwhile, former Naxalite Philip M Prasad said that he would join hands with Natesan as “both the Congress and CPM are opposed to the idea of the rise of the backward class”.