The engine and one of the coaches of Kannur-Ernakulam express train derailed on Tuesday at Kannur, about 90 kms from Kozhikode, but no one was injured, a Southern Railway official said.
The incident occurred around 4.15 AM while backing the rakes from the yard to platform during shunting works, PRO,Southern Railway, R Gopinath said.
The derailment led to a delay of nearly one-and-a-half hour in train’s departure.The train which was scheduled to leave at 5 AM, left Kannur at 6.35 AM with a spare engine.
However, traffic in the route was not affected due to the derailment, he added.
A break down van with crane has been pressed into service to set the engine right, the official said, adding that none
were injured in the incident.
- Goods train engine, 3 bogies derail in Bilaspur; none injured
- 2 coaches of an empty train derail in Agra
- After three train derailments, Piyush Goyal chairs meeting to discuss operational safety
- Delhi-Ranchi Rajdhani Express derails in Delhi
- Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto Express derails highlights: 9 coaches go off track near Asangaon
- Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derails: List of train mishaps that took place in 2017