Eleven people including two children were killed while at least 20 others were injured when the driver of a private bus they were travelling in lost control resulting in the bus overturning near South Valliyur, 40 kilometres from Tirunelveli town in Tamil Nadu.
M Karunakaran, district collector of Tirunelveli said the accident happened at around 5.30 am today morning.
“Initial reports say that the accident happened when the driver suddenly turned the bus to avoid hitting a water tank after he lost control. The bus was coming from Karaikal and most of them were travelling to Thiruvananthapuram. We are just confirming the death of 11 people. All injured had been shifted to Nagercoil Medical College,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to police, about 38 passengers were travelling in the bus, some are critical. “More number of doctors and officials are being deployed at the medical college hospital,” said the officer.