Eleven people including two children were killed while at least 20 others were injured when the driver of a private bus they were travelling in lost control resulting in the bus overturning near South Valliyur, 40 kilometres from Tirunelveli town in Tamil Nadu.
M Karunakaran, district collector of Tirunelveli said the accident happened at around 5.30 am today morning.
“Initial reports say that the accident happened when the driver suddenly turned the bus to avoid hitting a water tank after he lost control. The bus was coming from Karaikal and most of them were travelling to Thiruvananthapuram. We are just confirming the death of 11 people. All injured had been shifted to Nagercoil Medical College,” he said.
According to police, about 38 passengers were travelling in the bus, some are critical. “More number of doctors and officials are being deployed at the medical college hospital,” said the officer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016