A female elephant hired for a photoshoot collapsed and died in Goregaon’s Film City on Friday evening.
The deceased animal, 38-year-old Paroo, was owned by a Dahisar resident, Sabha Shankar Pandey and lost her life reportedly due to her illness before her photoshoot even began.
According to officials, Paroo was hired on Wednesday, by a photographer for only a few hours of shoot on Friday.
“Paroo on Friday afternoon walked through the streets of Mumbai from her Dahisar home to the photoshoot location in Film City. It was around 4.30 pm while the staff was preparing for a shoot that Paroo sat down and soon collapsed. She is believed to have breathed her last around 6 pm,” said an official privy to incident.
“Paroo was not wearing anything on her. When we inspected her we noticed severe swelling around her neck. Prima facie we believe she suffered from some illness. Further probe is still underway,” said a senior official probing the elephant’s death.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More