Haryana government has directed all the departments to ensure that current duty charge of an official is given to others only in exceptional cases where it is necessary and no other alternative is available. Ineligible or next junior employee should not be given the current duty charge of the higher post, an official spokesman said.
Such charge should be given to the senior most officer who is otherwise fit for promotion.
It has already been decided that assigning of current duty charge may be given in cases of extreme administrative exigency and only senior most persons in the cadre, who are fit for promotion to higher post in all respects, will be assigned the current duty charge, he said.
Besides, the departments would also simultaneously take immediate steps to fill up vacancies on regular basis as per provisions of the relevant service rules.
It has been observed that these instructions were not being complied with and current duty charge was being assigned as a matter of routine to the junior officers who were not even fit for promotion and that too without availing available remedies, the spokesman said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Due to such “unhealthy practice” on the part of some departments, very often cases were coming to the notice of the government where a junior officer of a department was given current duty charge of a higher post and he demanded the pay thereof.
Some of the officers were approaching the Courts as well, he added.
All the Administrative Secretaries, Heads of Departments, Commissioners of Ambala, Hisar, Gurgaon and Rohtak Divisions, all Deputy Commissioners in the state, Managing Director, Chief Administrators of all Boards and Corporations have been asked to ensure the compliance of these instructions, the spokesman added.