The Calcutta High Court on Thursday extended the time of immersion of idols of household Durga Pujas for two hours till 6 pm in West Bengal on October 11.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice G C Gupta and Justice Arindam Sinha extended the time from 4 pm on Dashami (October 11), which is a day before Muharram, after hearing a PIL seeking relaxation of time limit.
One Sandipan Khan had moved the PIL seeking relaxation of time set by police stating that several households which hold Durga Pujas would immerse the idols only after sundown as per rituals.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The bench directed the police to ensure safety, security and maintenance of peace and harmony during the immersion.
The relaxation of time for immersion would be applicable to household pujas and not for community pujas.
Earlier, the police had directed that immersion of idols could be held till 4 pm on October 11.
On October 12, the day of Muharram, there would be no immersion of idols and immersion can again be held from 4 pm on October 13.