Promising to turn Uttar Pradesh into the richest state, BJP chief Amit Shah on Sunday said it could be possible only if people dumped SP and BSP and ushered in a government run by the saffron party. “Enough of SP and BSP. You have given them enough chance. Now please dump these two parties and usher in a BJP government,” he said at a ‘parivartan rally’.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“I promise you that UP will become the richest state in the country once BJP comes to power. There will be no loot of public money, no scams, as have been taking place all these years under Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party,” he said.
Shah said Bundelkhand, of which Jhansi is a part, was rich in natural resources and once BJP came to power there would be no illegal mining in the area. With BJP-led government at the Centre, the state can progress by leaps and bounds if there is a government of the same party in UP as corruption will become a thing of the past, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Even (BSP supremo) Mayawati says Samajwadi Party is not good…so give chance to BSP. But friends, SP and BSP are the two sides of the same coin and can never deliver the goods,” he said. Shah said no one could expect better law and order in the state under SP or BSP rule.
“Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had said he would give up his chair if gangster-turned-politician Mukhtar Ansari’s party QED merged with SP. The merger has taken place. Why is he continuing as CM? What happened,” he asked.
Shah said SP was studded with tainted people like Afzal, Ateeq and Azam, while BSP had Nasimuddin in its fold.
“But, there are no goonda elements in BJP,” he said.
On the issue of “triple talaq”, he said BJP was for Uniform Civil Code and filed an affidavit before the Supreme Court opposing the practice. He asked Congress, SP and BSP to clarify their stand on the issue.
Earlier, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said goonda elements ruled the roost in UP where law and order had touched the nadir.
“Let BJP come to power in UP. This situation will change,” he said, adding BJP alone can give a corruption-free government.
Union ministers Kalraj Mishra and Uma Bharti and BJP vice president Om Mathur and state BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya also addressed the gathering.