Today, on the birth anniversary of India’s missile man, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, tributes are pouring in on popular microblogging platform Twitter for the man, the scientist and the president that he was. Dr. Kalam served as the 11th President of India between 2002 and 2007. He worked with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as an aerospace engineer before becoming the President.
His contribution to the field of ballistic missiles and launch vehicle technology earned him the title of ‘India’s missile man.’ Dr. Kalam has also authored many books including an autobiography, Wings of Fire. He was the recipient of the Bharat Ratna, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan among many other national and international awards. He passed away on July 27, 2015 at the age of 83 due to cardiac arrest in Shillong while giving a lecture at IIM where he was a visiting professor.
Here’s how many took to Twitter to remember Dr. Kalam on his birth anniversary:
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Tributes to our former President, the person who captured the imagination of every Indian, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on his birth anniversary.
Tribute to Bharat Ratna Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam on his Birth Anniversary. pic.twitter.com/eqdMZIqkv9
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) October 15, 2016
— DRDO (@DRDO_India) October 15, 2016
Remembering ‘Peoples President’ – Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam who ignited minds of millions of people, on his Birth Anniversary.
— Vijay Rupani (@vijayrupanibjp) October 15, 2016
Paying tribute to Dr #APJAbdulKalam on his jayanti.He was a visionary & used to say, ‘Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended’
— Ashok Gehlot (@ashokgehlot51) October 15, 2016
Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam the People’s President on his birth anniversary. We miss you so much Kalam ji
— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) October 15, 2016
— M.K.Stalin (@mkstalin) July 27, 2016
— Naveen Patnaik (@Naveen_Odisha) July 27, 2016
— Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (@kiranshaw) July 27, 2016
I bow to my close confidant Sri #APJAbdulKalam garu on his death anniversary. His ideas, thoughts & great Vision for India still lives on.
— N Chandrababu Naidu (@ncbn) July 27, 2016
— Vasundhara Raje (@VasundharaBJP) July 27, 2016
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) July 27, 2016
— Ronnie Screwvala (@RonnieScrewvala) July 28, 2016
A P J Abdul Kalam was born on October 15, 1931 in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu.