Expelled DMK leader and party chief M Karunandhi’s elder son MK Alagiri Friday called on his ailing father in Chennai and said the 92-year-old leader was “fine.”
“Thalaivar (leader) is fine,” Alagiri said after meeting Karunanidhi at his Gopalapuram residence.
Karunanidhi had recently fell ill due to a drug induced allergy and doctors had advised him to take rest. Alagiri, a former Madurai-based strongman of DMK, had been expelled in 2014 for alleged anti-party activities.
In a recent interview to a Tamil weekly, Karunanidhi had backed his younger son MK Stalin as his political heir apparent, while indicating there was no point talking about those who were not in the party, when asked about Alagiri.
“One has to be happy with what is there and keep progressing, and feeling about those who are not in the party now will impede the journey,” the DMK chief had said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest