DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi’s wife and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi’s mother, Rajathi Ammal, has visited Apollo Hospital to enquire about the health of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa. Sources in both AIADMK and DMK confirmed that Rajathi Ammal visited the hospital last night and enquired about the health of Jayalalithaa, who has been under treatment there for infection since September 22.
Her visit comes days after DMK Treasurer MK Stalin, son of Karunanidhi, called on doctors at the hospital.
While DMK sources confirmed that she met Jayalalithaa’s aide Sasikala in the hospital and enquired about the health of the Chief Minister, AIADMK sources declined to comment on the meeting.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
DMK sources said Rajathi Ammal took the concurrence of Karunanidhi before she went to the hospital to enquire about the health of Jayalalithaa.
Her unannounced visit came to light only on Friday.
Meanwhile, former Tamil Nadu governor K Rosaiah on Friday visited the hospital and enquired about the health of Jayalalithaa.
Rosaiah, whose term as the state governor ended recently, said he prayed the almighty for the speedy recovery of Jayalalithaa.
Ever since Jayalalithaa was hospitalised last month, the hospital has received a steady stream of VVIP visitors including Union Ministers and leaders of political parties besides the all-time presence of AIADMK leaders.