The Congress on Monday advised Prime Minister Narendra Modi to direct questions on “revisiting reservation” to his ideological mentor, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
- RSS chief raking up Ram temple issue to garner votes for BJP in Gujarat : Congress
- BJP MP, who said PM Modi doesn't like to be questioned, to meet Rahul Gandhi
- Maharana Pratap ‘patriotism’ tour for college students: Rajasthan government
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat praises PM Modi on 'courageous and restraintful' handling of Doklam standoff
- Mohan Bhagwat takes u-turn, says RSS feels there's no question of scrapping quota
- BJP distances itself from RSS supremo Mohan Bhagwat's call for quota review
“The Prime Minister today, while speaking with regard to Dr. (Babasaheb Bhimrao) Ambedkar said certain things which are absolutely and clearly economical with the truth. He talked about not revisiting reservation. The question to the Prime Minister is who raised the issue of revisiting reservation? Was it raised by the Congress? Was it raised by anybody in the Opposition? The issue was raised by the secretary general of RSS Mohan Bhagwat,” said Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari.
“So, the PM would be well advised if he directs these queries with regard to revisiting reservation to its or to their ideological mentor,” he added.
Bhagwat had earlier stirred a controversy by pitching for a review of the reservation policy.