The Congress on Monday advised Prime Minister Narendra Modi to direct questions on “revisiting reservation” to his ideological mentor, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
- SC verdict on SC/ST Act must be reviewed, rise in atrocities against Dalits: Congress
- Mega Hindu congregation in Tripura last year was effective: RSS
- Army remark insulting, Mohan Bhagwat should apologise: Mayawati
- Bhagwat should apologise to Army, nation for remarks: Congress
- Mohan Bhagwat’s Army remark ‘an insult to every Indian’, says Rahul Gandhi; RSS issues clarification
- PM Narendra Modi’s move on FDI underlines RSS faultlines
“The Prime Minister today, while speaking with regard to Dr. (Babasaheb Bhimrao) Ambedkar said certain things which are absolutely and clearly economical with the truth. He talked about not revisiting reservation. The question to the Prime Minister is who raised the issue of revisiting reservation? Was it raised by the Congress? Was it raised by anybody in the Opposition? The issue was raised by the secretary general of RSS Mohan Bhagwat,” said Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari.
“So, the PM would be well advised if he directs these queries with regard to revisiting reservation to its or to their ideological mentor,” he added.
Bhagwat had earlier stirred a controversy by pitching for a review of the reservation policy.