India has said that dialogue is the only viable option for a durable and comprehensive peaceful solution of the Palestinian issue, as it voiced concern over the deteriorating security situation in the region.
“Regrettably, the security situation contiia nues to deteriorate. The imperative need is of restraint and moderation,” India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Tanmaya Lal said here yesterday at the General Assembly annual debate on the ‘Question of Palestine’.
Lal said India firmly believes that dialogue is the only viable option in the search for a just, durable and comprehensive peaceful solution of the Palestinian issue.
“We hope that both sides will demonstrate the necessary political will to return to the negotiations,” he said, adding that New Delhi is hopeful of the early resumption of a peaceful dialogue between the two sides.
He cited Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s message on the occasion of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People in which he reiterated India’s support for the cause of Palestine and solidarity with the Palestinian people for their struggle for a sovereign, independent state living side by side and at peace with Israel.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Lal said Modi reaffirmed India’s continued support to the development and nation-building efforts of Palestine by extending technical and financial assistance. India recently enhanced its contribution to the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees to $1.25 million.
India also contributed USD four million to the National Early Recovery and Reconstruction Plan for Gaza, with the Indian government helping set up two vocational training centers in Yatta and Hebron.