A 22-year old youth was shot dead allegedly by the family members of a girl he was in love with at Dhanuli village in Badaun district, police said Monday.
While the incident took place late Saturday night, the body of the youth was recovered from the backyard of the girl’s house Sunday morning.
The police have arrested the girl and her parents on charges of conspiracy and murder while four other relatives of the family are on the run.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The victim, Guddu, belonged to the same village and his family had shifted to Delhi about five years ago where his father is a scrap dealer. He used to help his father in the business.
The girl’s father Jawali Prasad Maurya and his wife, Surjawati told the police that they caught Guddu when he had entered their house using a ladder Saturday night. They thrashed him and later one of the relatives shot him dead with a country-made pistol. The police have recovered the firearm used in the crime. The victim’s shoes and blood stained clothes of the assailants have also been recovered, said Circle Oficer, Bilsi area, Abhishek Yadav.
The incident came to light when locals spotted Guddu’s body bearing gunshot injury on his chest lying near Maurya’s house. They informed Guddu’s relatives who, in turn, called the police.
Guddu’s father Raees Ahmed, who reached Badaun by afternoon, got a murder case registered against girl’s father, his brother, brother-in-law and two other relatives at Bilsi police station.
On Monday, police arrested Maurya, his wife Surajwati and the girl, Anita (20) too. Surjawati and Anita were not named in the FIR, but the police arrested them claiming the primary investigation found involvement their involvement in the murder conspiracy.
The arrested persons were Monday produced before a court, which sent them to judicial custody. Police are conducting raids to trace the other named accused. Heavy police force have been deployed in the village.
“The girl’s parents have confessed to the crime. During interrogation, they told the police that Guddu entered their house after scaling the boundary wall using a ladder late Saturday night. They caught him and shot him dead with a country-made pistol after thrashing him. Later, they dumped the body in the backyard of the house,” said Circle Oficer, Abhishek Yadav.
He added that they would scan the call details of the mobilephones of the victim and the girl to check about their conversation and the last calls made. “The family had washed the blood stains in the room where the murder took place and had thrown the blood-stained clothes and the pistol in a field. During search, police recovered victim’s shoes from the house too,” said Yadav.
Station Officer, Bilsi police station, Naresh Pal Singh said that during investigation it has come to light Guddu was having an affair with the girl.
He used to visit village from Delhi to meet her. Around two months ago, the girl had eloped with Guddu and had returned home after a panchayat was held over the issue. Guddu had stopped coming to the village after that, claimed SO.
“Raees Ahmed told the police that Guddu left Delhi on Saturday without informing him or other family members,” said Singh.