Devotees of Saibaba have donated over Rs 4 crore to Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust (SSST) during the just-concluded four-day Dussehra festival at the famous shrine in Shirdi. According to the trust office bearers, a total of Rs 4.43 crore was collected at different cash-boxes, cash-counters and online counter of the trust during the festival between October 10-13.
The occasion also marked Shri Saibaba’s 98th death anniversary and at least three lakh pilgrims from different parts of the country and abroad visited the shrine, trust’s executive officer Bajirao Shinde said.
He said Rs 1.93 crore was collected through cash boxes, Rs 93.86 lakh were donated at SSST’s cash-counters, while Rs 26.25 lakh was received online. The trust also received money worth Rs 7.22 lakh from 17 countries across the world, Shinde added.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
They have also received a gold crown weighing 748 grams from an Australia-based NRI. With collection of gold and silver ornaments worth Rs 23.49 crore, the trust now has 364 kgs of gold worth Rs 67 crores, he said.
During the four-day period, devotees have also donated Rs 67.38 lakh for Saibaba’s ‘prasadalaya’ under which free meals are offered to the pilgrims. Besides this, other items worth Rs 27 lakh were also collected.