- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli get married in Italy, see first photos
- Manmohan Singh's statement full text: 'PM Modi must apologise to nation to restore dignity of his office'
- Virat Kohli marries Anushka Sharma: Shikhar Dhawan, Sourav Ganguly, Saina Nehwal and other Sportstars wish newly married couple
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who on Friday laid the foundation stone of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and revival of the fertilizer factory in Gorakhpur, said development of eastern parts of the country is essential for overall progress of India.
Addressing a rally in Gorakhpur later, Prime Minister Modi said the second green revolution should take place from eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh. “If we have to develop India, the chariot of development needs to run on two wheels- eastern and western India,” he said. He said urea black marketing has been stopped since his government came to power.
The Prime Minister also said it was sad to note that earlier urea was imported from abroad which was not acceptable to him. Stating it would be wrong to say that work of a factory which was closed for 26 years has been started because of him, Prime Minister Modi said, “If you had not voted for us then this work which was pending since 26 years still would have been pending. The credit goes solely to you as you are the ones who brought us to power and strengthened our hands.”
- Gujarat polls LIVE UPDATES: 60-70% of Modi's speeches are about himself, talk about Gujarat's future instead, Rahul Gandhi tells PM
- Look beyond books, connect with people: PM Modi to young civil servants
- Narendra Modi in Bihar highlights: Centre will work shoulder to shoulder with Nitish Kumar govt for Bihar's growth, says PM
- PM Modi reaches out to farmers, migrants in Gujarat
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat live updates: PM flags off Antyodaya Express through video link from Bharuch
- Status check of 12 new AIIMS announced by PM Modi's government
Taking on the Opposition for their unwarranted criticism of the government, Prime Minister Modi said the debate on inflation is quite common in our nation, but there is no discussion on the important decisions taken by the government.
The establishment of the AIIMS in Gorakhpur will serve the dual purpose of providing super-specialty health care to the population while creating a large pool of doctors and health workers that can be available for primary and secondary level facilities being created under the National Health Mission.
The hospital, which will have a capacity of 750 beds, will also include emergency and AYUSH sections.