A 20-YEAR-OLD man of Mohali who was a suspected dengue case died at GMCH in Sector 32 on Thursday, health officials said. The deceased was identified as Raju, a resident of Mohali city. With this, the total number of dengue cases has now risen to 11. In Chandigarh, 18 fresh cases of dengue and four cases of chikungunya were recorded, the health department said on Thursday.
A statement said that the total number of dengue cases had now reached 517 while that of chikungunya had mounted to 75. According to health officials, a special drive was conducted at Manimajra and in Sector 41, Chandigarh, on Thursday. “One team was led by assistant director malaria along with state epidemiologist in Sector 41 and the other team was led by Dr Gaurav Aggarwal, anti-malaria officer, Chandigarh, at Manimajra,” the statement said. “Under this drive, house-to-house visits were made, and 10 challans and 15 notices were issued.”
Health officials said that it was observed that the major source of breeding was inhouse containers and coolers along with garbage dumps in these areas. “Hygiene has not been maintained at Manimajra for which awareness was again created during house-to-house visits. Littering of garbage by general public is posing a potential threat for growth of mosquitos,” the statement said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The health department said fumigation was done at Punjab University, in Bhaskar Colony, Sector 25, and Sector 61. Free dengue testing facility is available at Department of Virology, PGI, GMCH-32, GMSH-16 and District Priority Lab (IDSP) at Civil Hospital, Manimajra.