The Supreme Court on Wednesday shot down the central government’s plea to issue a blanket order restraining all other courts in the country from passing directives in matters relating to demonetisation.
A bench led by Chief Justice of India T S Thakur said it would not be appropriate to issue an absolute order of this kind since high courts might be seized of various kinds of petitions that require some urgent orders.
“We don’t want to stay everything… various kinds of orders could be passed. We have fixed these matters for Friday next week, let us see what types of orders are passed in the meantime,” the bench told Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi, who has requested for a stay on proceedings pending in all other high courts.
But the bench agreed to consider transferring all cases pertaining to demonetisation to one court and issued notices on a clutch of transfer petitions moved by the government. The AG said for the sake of convenience, it would be proper if all cases are heard preferably at the Delhi High Court or by the Supreme Court itself.
Meanwhile, the court also sought to know from Rohatgi if the situation on ground regarding the cash crunch had improved. The AG responded that queues had becomes shorter. “It is much better now. The real problem is not printing of the currency but its movement,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More