Haryana unit of the Congress as well as Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) will be part of the call for “Bharat Bandh” given for November 28. Terming it “Aakrosh Diwas”, the opposition parties have given a call for an all India strike against demonetization. Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Tanwar, while addressing a press conference today said that common people are the ones harassed since the day the Prime Minister announced demonetization of old currency notes.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The Haryana Congress president said, “We have held meetings in different districts of Haryana to make preparations for the bandh. The members of the party will be meeting people from different sections to convince them to be a part of the strike. It will be completely voluntary. Our teams will go around in different areas and request people to observe the strike.”
It is likely that the bus service in the state may remain affected. Tanwar said that details of the shape the bandh will take are being worked out.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“RBI is making new guidelines everyday. People have been queuing up outside banks and ATMs for days. It is the farmers, small traders among others who are feeling the impact and not the rich. The people who are in queues do not appear to have any black money. The situation is deteriorating by the day,” he said.
Tanwar further said that the manner in which demonetization is being done shows complete mismanagement. He said that the BJP government did not properly assess the problems people will face.
Tanwar said, “Around 65-70 people have died. The BJP will have to pay for this. The leaders of the BJP were aware that such a step will be taken. That is why some of them made deposits worth crores into bank accounts. All this was an exercise to make black money white.”
Leader of Opposition in Haryana Vidhan Sabha, INLD’s Abhay Chautala said that the party will support the call for bandh given by a united opposition. He said that people were facing harassment due to the decision of demonetization taken by the BJP.