The state Congress, which is agitating for the last four days against demonetisation by the NDA government at the Centre, took out bike rallies at all the district headquarters and towns as also at taluka places on Saturday to highlight the problems faced by the common people owing to withdrawal of old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes.
In Ahmedabad, hundreds of bikers began their rally from Gandhi Ashram to Kochrab Ashram in Paldi area. Among the bikers included Ahmedabad City Congress Committee president Chetan Raval, MLAs Gayasuddin Sheikh and Shailesh Parmar, Leader of Opposition in Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Dinesh Sharma and AMC councillor Badruddin Sheikh. In Bhuj , bike rallies were taken out in Nakhatra and Rapar towns.
State party spokesperson Manish Doshi said bike rallies were also taken out in Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, Bhavnagar and all other districts. Doshi said that on Sunday, party workers would hold demonstration in front of the residences of BJP MLAs, ministers and MPs against demonetisation.
Meanwhile, state party president Bharatsinh Solanki has urged the party workers not to indulge in any kind of violence during the “Bharat bandh”’ on November 28, the call for which has been given jointly by all opposition parties and supported by the Congress against demonetisation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016