After days of scorching heat and simmering temperature, Delhi woke up to a pleasant morning on Tuesday.
Rains lashed the national capital last night bringing the minimum temperature to 28 degrees Celsius.
According to the Met department, monsoon is now expected to reach Delhi by July 1.
- Pune: Afternoon rainfall brings respite from heat
- Thunderstorm, rain bring down mercury by 14 degrees Celsius
- Panchkula schools closed for two days
- Over 70 killed in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh dust storms, toll likely to rise; relief operation underway
- Chandigarh plunges into darkness as rain storms in
- Delhi-NCR residents witness dust storm, light rainfall; temperature dips
So far, Delhi has recorded a mere 16.7 mm of rain against its monthly average of 82.2 mm of rain.
Heavy rainfall has been forecast in coastal areas and south interior parts of Karnataka over the next 24 hours, as the southwest monsoon remained vigorous over the state.
Forecast for Bengaluru is overcast sky with one or two spells of light to moderate rain towards evening or night with strong surface winds.
There is also a heavy rainfall warning over Konkan Goa while Central India is likely get intense rains in the coming days.