A day after Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) registered an FIR in the alleged Rs 400-crore water tanker scam, the Delhi BJP on Tuesday claimed the irregularities continued even during the Kejriwal government.
“Kejriwal government not only tried to save former chief minister Sheila Dikshit in the DJB water tanker scam but also permitted work by the same contractors who were working during her regime,” Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay alleged.
- Delhi chief secy assault case: CM Arvind Kejriwal to join probe tomorrow
- Kejriwal’s kin Vinay Bansal arrested in PWD scam: All you need to know
- Kejriwal’s relative Vinay Bansal held in PWD scam, AAP calls it ‘political vendetta’
- Now playing in courts, trials and tribulations of Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP to boycott all party-meet called by CM Arvind Kejriwal to discuss sealing drive
- Sealing drive: Ajay Maken thanks CM Kejriwal for all-party meet, BJP yet to decide on participation
Leader of Opposition and party MLA Vijender Gupta, on whose complaint the ACB registered the FIR, claimed the “scam” was going on as the monthly payments to the contractors were being made and the government has not taken any action against any official or the “guilty” contractors.
He demanded the payments made to the contractors during the Kejriwal government be realised from Aam Aadmi Party.
The ACB registered a case on Monday in connection with the alleged scam linking Dikshit.
“The government sat on the fact-finding committee report for 11 months after it had been submitted in July 2015. The scam is continuing as no official or contractor has been punished and the monthly payments for supply of tanker water is going on,” Gupta claimed.
Attacking the AAP government for being “power hungry”, Upadhyay demanded Chief Minister Kejriwal’s resignation.
“In view of the tanker scam, appointment of Parliamentary secretaries and premium bus service scheme, Chief Minister Kejriwal has lost his right to be in power,” he added.