Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kerjiwal on Tuesday lashed out at the Centre for “targeting” him after the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Tuesday registered an FIR in the alleged water tanker ‘scam’ of Delhi Jal Board (DJB) and said it will call him for questioning if required.
Addressing a press conference in Delhi, Kejriwal attacked PM Modi, calling it a one-on-one “fight” between them.
- Rahul Gandhi's gain is Arvind Kejriwal's loss, says rebel AAP MLA Kapil Mishra
- Not on guest list for launch of Metro’s Magenta Line: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Crisis in the Aam Aadmi Party: Will name Arvind Kejriwal, Satyendra Jain in FIR to CBI, says Kapil Mishra
- What is Delhi 'water tanker scam'?
- Water tanker scam still continuing during AAP govt's rule, alleges Delhi BJP
- Delhi water tanker scam: ACB registers FIR, to question Sheila Dikshit and Arvind Kejriwal
“By conducting raid against me and targeting me, it’s clear that the fight is between you (PM Modi) and me,” said Kejriwal.
Earlier on Monday, the ACB registered an FIR in the alleged Rs 400-crore water tanker ‘scam’ of Delhi Jal Board (DJB) and said it will question both Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and former chief minister Sheila Dikshit in the case if required.
Recalling the CBI raid at his office six months back, Kejriwal said that the FIR is another such “futile and fraudulent” attempt “to scare” him.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) June 21, 2016
“The CBI wasted six months and found nothing against me to prove me guilty of anything. It is waste of money. Even this FIR is another such attempt. Modiji trapped many leaders with the CBI raid strategy. He doesn’t scare me though,” Kejriwal said.
Questioning the motive behind the CBI raids, Kejriwal took a swipe at the Modi government for not taking similar action against Vadra, Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
“No CBI raid was conducted against Robert Vadra, Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi, no FIR was registered against them,” he said.
Kejriwal also criticised the Centre for opening up FDI in defence calling it a threat to national security.
“I will not stay silent when Modiji has opened FDI in defence selling the security to foreign hands,” he said.