- Anti-Sterlite protests HIGHLIGHTS: Tamil Nadu govt orders suspension of internet services in Tuticorin, adjoining districts
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 25 runs, play Sunrisers Hyderabad in the second qualifier
- Major Leetul Gogoi, who tied J-K man to jeep, questioned over woman at hotel
Pulling no punches, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Tuesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi a day after the Anti-corruption branch registered an FIR against him for his alleged involvement in the Rs 400 crore water tanker ‘scam’.
Kejriwal termed the FIR as “just another attempt by the Modi government to terrorise him for standing against Modi like a rock”. “The question then arises — why is Modi government hounding me? Why these fake cases? This means that through such means, Modi has scared all his political opponents but me. He is now training his guns on me,” said Kejriwal.
In his most aggressive attack on Modi since the CBI raided the office of his principal secretary Rajendra Kumar in December, Kejriwal said, “I want to tell Narendra Damodardas Modi, do whatever you wish. But I am not going to bend, or cower, or break. I am not like Robert Vadra that you can broker a deal with me.”
He added, “Before the general elections, the BJP used to target Vadra, calling him the (Gandhi) damaad. But since it has formed the government, the BJP has not conducted a single CBI raid or registered an FIR against Vadra, or for that matter against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi. That means, Modi agrees that his fight is with me. You go ahead with your plans Modiji, I will (go ahead) with mine.”
He also cited issues and controversies associated with the BJP and swore to fight against the party on those fronts, particularly Dalits and corruption. “Whenever a Rohit Vemula is forced to commit suicide or a Dalit tortured in the country, I will be found standing in solidarity with them. I will fight for poor farmers who are forced to commit suicide,” said Kejriwal.
“I will fight you if you are found protecting Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his government in the Vyapam scam or Anandiben mired in a land scam, or Sonia Gandhi in the AgustaWestland Chopper scam or Vijay Mallya defaulting on his 700 crore debt, or if you sell the country’s security to foreigners by opening the defense sector to 100 per cent FDI – I will hit back,” he said.
- Kejriwal seeks PM’s intervention to prevent water crisis in Delhi
- AAP hits back, says Prime Minister using Anshu Prakash for false case against Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to PM Modi on delay in Delhi’s CCTV installation project
- Kejriwal’s kin Vinay Bansal arrested in PWD scam: All you need to know
- Delhi Court dismisses plea against Kejriwal for defaming PM Modi
- Nirav Modi has clear access to PM, alleges AAP
He also trained his guns on Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje and said he would raise his voice against the BJP and Modi if they tried to save Raje from the Lalit Modi controversy. “I will die before I tolerate dishonesty. You have all the agencies at your disposal, go ahead with whatever raids and cases you want investigated,” he added.
On the CBI raid on his office, he said, “The CBI found nothing. Their raid was not worth a penny. In fact, the court passed strictures against the CBI which proved the raid was staged. Similarly, the FIR registered against me is also fake. It is going to come to nothing.” He also mentioned NDMC official MM Khan’s murder case. “I will raise my voice against those you are trying to protect in the murder of an honest officer,” said the CM.