Fog enveloped the city on Wednesday morning disrupting rail services even as the minimum temperature settled at 8.9 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season’s average.
While flight operations were not affected, poor visibility delayed 14 trains including Kanpur Shatabdi, Purushottam Express and Magadh Express, while three trains were rescheduled.
Visibility was recorded 1000 meters at 5.30 AM which dropped to 500 meters at 8:30 AM, said a Met department official.
Humidity was recorded at 97 per cent at 8.30 AM.
The Met department has predicted mainly clear skies for the day with possibility of moderate to dense fog till forenoon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The maximum temperature is expected to hover at 18 degrees Celsius,” the weatherman said.
On Tuesday, maximum temperature was recorded at 15.7 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 8.9 degrees Celsius.