Three students of a private university in Noida were killed and seven others injured when the SUV in which they were going on a trip to Murthal rammed into a bricks-laden tractor trolley in outer Delhi’s Alipur area, police said on Saturday.
The B.Tech IInd-year students of Amity University were going to Murthal in a hired Scorpio when the accident took place on National Highway-1 late Friday night. Police said one of the students was driving the car in a high speed when he lost control of the vehicle and rammed into the tractor trolley. The students were thrown out of the vehicle on the impact.
The car was completely mangled, a police officer said. The deceased have been identified as Shikhar, Ujjawal and Rajesh. They were declared brought dead by doctors at Satyawadi Raja Harish Chander (SRHC) Hospital. Shikhar belonged to Meerut while Ujjwal hailed from Bhiwani. They were the only children of their parents. The tractor driver escaped from the spot after the accident and police were searching for him to know the exact sequence of events.
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
The injured students — Subham (21), Pranav Pandey (20), Vijay (20), Shubham (19), Reefat (21), Vanshika (20) and Pooja (21) — were admitted to SRHC hospitals. Pranav and Shubham were in critical condition and were shifted to LNJP Hospital here, said MN Tiwari, DCP (Outer).
“A case under sections 279 (rash and negligent driving) and 304A (death caused due to negligence) has been registered at Alipur police station. Further investigations are underway,” said Tiwari. The accident disrupted traffic movement on the national highway for sometime.