As Arvind Kejriwal prepares for his first public meeting in Surat, a team of Delhi police has been sent to Gujarat to arrest Aam Aadmi Party MLA Gulab Singh. A non-bailable warrant had been issued against the Matiala legislator, who is also the co-incharge of AAP’s Gujarat affairs, for failing to join an investigation in an extortion case involving his associates. Singh’s driver was arrested in the same case last month along with an associate.
Reacting to the non-bailable warrant issued against him on Friday, Singh had said, “The warrant is intended to put hurdles in the way of the Surat rally (on October 16). But we are not afraid of it.”
Kejriwal too questioned the timing of the arrest on Twitter. “Just 2 days before Surat rally, Del police obtains Non-bailable warrant against our Guj prabhari, Gulab Singh in a completely false case. Will Gulab be arrested before the rally?” the Delhi CM had tweeted.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
On September 13, a case under section 384 (punishment for extortion) had been registered in the matter at the Bindapur police station. The FIR stated that two property dealers, Deepak Sharma and Rinku Diwan, had alleged that Satish and Divender, who work in the Matiala MLA’s office, and an associate, Jagdish, were extorting money from them. The report further mentioned that the trio had extorted Rs 2 lakh in two attempts, and were making a third attempt and demanded Rs 1.5 lakh. It has been alleged by the complainants that the extortionists came to them in a vehicle with a beacon that suspectedly belongs to Singh.
Another AAP MLA arrested
On Friday, Delhi Police had arrested AAP MLA Naresh Balyan in an assault case. The Uttam Nagar MLA was arrested along with co-accused Mahaveer on charges of voluntarily causing hurt and trespassing. Acting on the complaint of former AAP volunteer, Henry George, Delhi police arrested Balyan and his associates for attacking George and issuing threats to his life on October 9.