Delhi Police has sought revision of pay scale of sub-inspectors, inspectors and assistant commissioners of police so as to make it at par with administrative officials of the same rank. In a letter to the Principal Secretary (Home) of the Delhi government last week, it had sought revision of pay scales of sub-inspectors, inspectors and ACPs on the ground of parity with Delhi Administration Subordinate Services (DASS) Grade II, DASS Grade I and DANICS (Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Service) officers of the government.
Sub-inspectors, inspectors and DANIPS ((Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Police Service) officers of Delhi Police are equivalent to DASS Grade II, DASS Grade I and DANICS officers of the state government.
In January 2015, the revised pay structure of DASS II, DASS I and promotee DANICS officers was granted by the Lt Governor.
“Thereafter, the SIs, inspectors and promotee DANIPS officers of Delhi Police are left far behind DASS Grade I and promotee DANICS officers in terms of pay scale,” according to the letter written by Praveer Ranjan, Joint Commissioner of Police (Headquarters).
Since January 1, 1986, after 4th Pay Commission, SIs of Delhi Police were getting one pay scale higher than that of DASS Grade II officers whereas now they are four steps down, the officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pointing that the mid-level officers are the backbone of Delhi Police, the letter seeks granting of revised pay structures to SIs, inspectors and promotee DANIPS by the Lt Governor on parity basis to boost their morale.