A 39-year-old factory worker was beaten to death during a brawl in outer Delhi’s Bawana area after he insisted on drum beating late in the night during Diwali celebrations, following which one person has been arrested, police said today.
Workers of a factory in Bawana Industrial Area were celebrating Diwali on Sunday by beating drums and dancing when Ataur Rahman reached there and joined the celebrations, they said.
After sometime, when the workers stopped beating the drums, Rahman, allegedly under influence of alcohol, started abusing those who stopped it, during which he was confronted by Sujit (22), they said. The heated exchange of words soon turned violent as Sujit allegedly started thrashing Rahman with a stick till he lost consciousness. The accused then fled from the spot, a police officer said.
Following a PCR call, police reached the spot and rushed him to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead. A case has been registered in this regard, the officer said.
The accused was arrested yesterday. The murder seemed to be an act of sudden provocation during the brawl over beating of Dhol (drum), said DCP (outer) M N Tiwari.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review