Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung Saturday removed Tarun Seem, the director general of health services and the man in-charge of the AAP government’s flagship ‘mohalla clinic’ project, from his post.
The order comes over a month after Jung issued transfer orders for Seem, who was then the health secretary in the Delhi government.
Reacting to the LG’s order, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted, “This is quite sad. All efficient, honest officers are being marked and removed systematically. Dirty politics (sic).”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The order, issued by the Department of Health and Family Welfare after the LG’s approval, said, “Dr Tarun Seem, presently looking after the charge of director general of health services on temporary basis, is relieved of his charge as DGHS with immediate effect. Seem, a 1992 batch IRS officer, will continue in his post as mission director of Delhi State Health Mission.
The order also stated that Dr Beena Khurana will take over in place of Seem.
This move is likely to further strain the relationship between the AAP government and the Lieutenant Governor. The LG’s decision will be a setback for their mohalla clinic project, which is mentioned often in speeches by the chief minister.
Jung’s earlier decision to transfer officials, including Seem, had also drawn flak from the AAP government.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, who had urged the LG not to transfer the officials, had alleged that the transfers were ordered on the directions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Kejriwal had also tweeted, “Several officers transferred by LG directly. Files not even shown to CM or any minister. Is this Modi model of democracy?. Manish Sisodia requested LG not to transfer these two officers looking after works of setting mohalla clinics and new schools till March 31, but he (LG) did not relent.”