Heavy police force was deployed in Trilokpuri area of east Delhi after a scuffle between two groups of teenagers from different community led to stone pelting during a game of cricket.
The incident occurred around 9 pm last night and the area was tense afterward but the situation has improved now and police force remain deployed to prevent any trouble, Rishi Pal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East), said.
“The incident started with fight among boys while playing cricket. One of the boys was injured. A case of rioting has been registered,” Rishi Pal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East), said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Police said the scuffle among the boys, from two different communities, occurred at a local MCD school ground where they were playing cricket around 3.30 PM yesterday.
The matter was, however, sorted out.
Later on, when one of the boys boy from Block 29 went to the local Chowk market, he was allegedly thrashed by the other group. Soon other people from Block 29 and also from Block 31 joined and heavy stone pelting ensued, police said.
Heavy police force was rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control.
The forces chased away the warring groups and the area wore a deserted look as traders downed their shutters and people remained indoors.
The situation has improved now and police are deployed to prevent any trouble. Three-four miscreants responsible for the incident have been identified who will be caught soon, a police officer said.