Government is organising a mela tomorrow at Connaught Place in Delhi to facilitate on-the-spot registration of consumer grievances and educate them on their rights that will see participation of Trai and Fssai.
Besides, industry bodies and big corporates are slated to take part in the event being organised by the ministry of consumer affairs.
“The department of consumer affairs is organising consumer mela 2016 tomorrow i.e October 20, 2016, at Central Park, Connaught Place, New Delhi,” an official statement read.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The objective is to bring consumers, companies, regulators and department of consumer affairs on one platform for consumer awareness and possible grievance redressals.
Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan will launch the consumer awareness week from October 20-27 to be observed throughout the country.
“The consumer counselling mechanism of the department of consumer affairs, popularly known as National Consumer Helpline (NCH), will be in the mela to educate consumers about their rights and responsibilities, the procedure for seeking grievance redressal, assisting them in registering grievances and the like. It would also register on-the-spot grievances, if any,” the statement said.
The partners in the fair are industry bodies such as Assocham, CII, DICCI, Ficci and PHD Chambers. Regulators like FSSAI, Trai and BEE will also participate.
Companies like Tata Motors, Reliance Communications, Amway, Amazon, SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, LIC, Hero Motors, Make My Trip, Geetanjali, ITC and Panasonic, among others have confirmed their participation.
“Keeping the festive season in view, when lots of purchasing are done, it is important that consumers make informed choices. They do not fall prey to counterfeit products, unfair trade practices and the like,” the statement said.
As the department is observing Swachhta Pakhwada from October 16-31, this opportunity will also be utilised to educate consumers about their responsibilities to keep their surroundings clean.
Nukkad nataks on consumer awareness and swachhta (cleanliness) and poster making competition by school children will be organised during the event.