Government is organising a mela tomorrow at Connaught Place in Delhi to facilitate on-the-spot registration of consumer grievances and educate them on their rights that will see participation of Trai and Fssai.
Besides, industry bodies and big corporates are slated to take part in the event being organised by the ministry of consumer affairs.
“The department of consumer affairs is organising consumer mela 2016 tomorrow i.e October 20, 2016, at Central Park, Connaught Place, New Delhi,” an official statement read.
The objective is to bring consumers, companies, regulators and department of consumer affairs on one platform for consumer awareness and possible grievance redressals.
Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan will launch the consumer awareness week from October 20-27 to be observed throughout the country.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The consumer counselling mechanism of the department of consumer affairs, popularly known as National Consumer Helpline (NCH), will be in the mela to educate consumers about their rights and responsibilities, the procedure for seeking grievance redressal, assisting them in registering grievances and the like. It would also register on-the-spot grievances, if any,” the statement said.
The partners in the fair are industry bodies such as Assocham, CII, DICCI, Ficci and PHD Chambers. Regulators like FSSAI, Trai and BEE will also participate.
Companies like Tata Motors, Reliance Communications, Amway, Amazon, SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, LIC, Hero Motors, Make My Trip, Geetanjali, ITC and Panasonic, among others have confirmed their participation.
“Keeping the festive season in view, when lots of purchasing are done, it is important that consumers make informed choices. They do not fall prey to counterfeit products, unfair trade practices and the like,” the statement said.
As the department is observing Swachhta Pakhwada from October 16-31, this opportunity will also be utilised to educate consumers about their responsibilities to keep their surroundings clean.
Nukkad nataks on consumer awareness and swachhta (cleanliness) and poster making competition by school children will be organised during the event.